Friday, October 4, 2013

Interview with a Real Life Girl Fighting Evil: Albinwonderland


Angelina, or Albinwonderland, is a blogger, a vlogger, an artist, and an all around wonderful person. She's a feminist cosplayer, and speaks her mind about sexism in the geek community, girl hate, and more. She's incredibly kind and friendly, and insanely beautiful.


1) You do A LOT- youtube, art, cosplay, act! How do you manage your time? 
Poorly! I’m a passionate person so when I’m into something, I’m waist-deep. I go through spurts of delving myself into various hobbies, although with time I’d like to learn to spread myself and my time more evenly. 


2) What do you wish you could tell young girls? 
Stop apologizing. This is something I’m working on. I’m not sure if it’s societal or just how I was brought up but I catch myself constantly self-editing for the pleasure of others. We’re quiet to put others at ease, starting sentences with “I’m sorry to ask, but”, feeling badly to cause confrontation, even when the need for it is high and necessary for our own well-being.   

3) What makes you feel brave? 
Eating out at restaurants by myself. I used to have this thing where I felt like, I needed the company of others to enjoy things. Restaurants, movies, shopping. But you know what? It’s not so bad. It’s incredibly enjoyable even! Venturing out of my comfort zone makes me feel brave, even if it’s just in little increments.   

4) What advice would you give to a girl looking to express herself through fashion and hair, but feels shy? 
Fake it till you make it. You might be shy, but putting yourself in a mindset where you pretend like you can handle it enough, and eventually you’ll be able to. It can also help to imagine self-expression as armour. Put on whatever makes you feel strongest, and the world won’t be able to get past that protection.   

5) If you were in a world where demons were attacking, what would be your weapon of choice?
This is probably the easiest question for me to answer! Definitely a range-based weapon, like a bow and arrow, gun, sling shot or wand. I’m best placed a short distance from the direct action or fight, preferably a small height above, where I can call out directions, survey the area, and deal damage without major impact risk. I’m small, and fast, but not adept to one-on-one combat. Although I know I’d be great at shouting great one-liners! “Maybe you should have learned how to be a better demon, at demon school, which is for demons, you frick face!”  

If you're interested in learning more about Angelina (which you should be, she's awesome), check out her Tumblr and YouTube. She's a great role model and really a wonderful person.

3 comments: